St. Jude Parish established with 75 families. Father Ralph Kelly appointed Pastor. Mass held in Michigan Veterans’ Facility.
Rectory completed on the Plainfield Avenue site (now Plainfield Plaza.) Later two quanset huts were constructed, one to serve as church, one as parish hall.
November 6, 1952
Fr. Charles D. Brophy came from Indian River; Fr. Kelly was transferred to Indian River.
July 4, 1953
Fire burned the church quonset: $30,000.00 damage. Father Brophy saved the Blessed Sacrament and the sacred vessels. The hall quonset became the church.
August 15, 1955
Purchase of property between 4 Mile Rd and Elmdale.
December 1, 1955
School ground breaking.
The present gym and family center were used as the church.
Rectory was moved from the Plainfield site to its present location.
The convent opened with the Felician Sisters (Congregation of Sisters of St. Felix).
St. Jude School opened with Sister Florentine as the first principal.
3,000 evergreens planted around Lake St Jude.
August 5, 1962
Ground breaking for the new church (pictured above). Fr. Edmund F. Falicki, Vicar General of diocese, presided, with Fr. Brophy and Fr. Dominiak.
January 20, 1963
Fr. Brophy was made a Domestic Prelate with the title Right Reverend Monsignor Charles D. Brophy
At the National Liturgical Convention in Philadelphia, St Jude Church was given the Lecraro Award for “excellence in adapting church design to liturgical concept.”
Thanksgiving Day 1963
First Mass was celebrated in the new church.
Blessing of the bells named for St. Jude, Monsignor Brophy and Bishop Allen Babcock.
April 5, 1964
Rectory rebuilding. New offices, file room and conference room.
April 16, 1964
Monsignor Brophy’s Silver Jubilee Mass.
May 18, 1964
Monsignor Schultz consecrated the altars of the new church.
June 7, 1964
Formal dedication by Bishop Allen J. Babcock.
June 23, 1972
Mr. and Mrs. Victor Blandford (the namesake for the Blandford Nature Center) gave the parish 17 acres of land between Elmdale and 4 Mile Road “in appreciation to St. Jude Parish for its contribution to the community.”
February 27, 1975
Monsignor Brophy departed for three months in Rome for theological studies. Fr. Patrick Cawley became pastor pro-tem during his absence.
Joseph Maitner became principal of St Jude School.
April 10, 1977
Detroit News featured St. Jude Church as one of the four outstanding buildings of worship in the state.
November 6, 1977
Celebration of the 25th Anniversary of St. Jude Parish.
July 1, 1988
Fr. Patrick Cawley became Pastor.
Monsignor Brophy Golden Jubilee Celebration.
July 1, 1995
Fr. Thomas Vesbit became Pastor.
October 13, 1996
50th Anniversary Celebration. On to the Millennium seeking our Destiny!
St. Jude breaks ground on the new Millennium Center (parish offices & Brophy Center).
The new Millennium Center is completed.
Fr. Michael Danner becomes Pastor.
February 11, 2006
Deacon Larry Hoogeboom ordained as a permanent Deacon and assigned to St. Jude.
St. Jude School close and re-opens as All Saints Academy.
Fr. Thomas Page becomes Pastor.
June 3, 2014
50th Anniversary Celebration of the church building by Bishop David J. Walkowiak.
Deacon Dan Esch becomes permanent Deacon and assigned to St. Jude.
Fr. Ayub Francis Nasar becomes Pastor.
Bishop Indrias Rehmat visits from the Diocese of Faisalabad, Pakistan.