- Tuesday | December 1, 2020
- All Day
#GiveCatholicWM on #GivingTuesday
What is #GivingTuesday? What does it have to do with us at St Jude parish? It is a global day dedicated to giving back, especially after the commercialism and consumerism of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It is a time to think about giving rather than receiving.
And giving back is what we do every day as Catholic Christians. So why not participate with millions around the world during this secular event to support our own ministries?
This year, Bishop Walkowiak is encouraging Catholics to participate by supporting parishes, schools and ministries right here in West Michigan. You are being asked to #GiveCatholicWM on #Giving Tuesday. It is our own local link to this day of giving back.
Here are ways you can participate on Tuesday, Dec. 1:
- Donate to #GiveCatholicWM from midnight to 11:59 p.m. Tuesday: http://bit.ly/givecatholicwm. One hundred percent of the donations will go to the earmarked parish, school, or ministry. Credit card fees will not be charged.
- Post a status or photo on your social media accounts explaining which parish, school, or ministry you are supporting within our diocese. Use the hashtags #GiveCatholicWM and #GivingTuesday.
- Take and post a photo of yourself or your family members sharing what #GiveCatholicWM means to you. Use the hashtags #GiveCatholicWM and #GivingTuesday.
- The Diocese of Grand Rapids would love to know how you plan to #GiveCatholicWM. Send your photo to email@example.com and with your permission it may be posted to diocesan social media accounts. If you don’t already follow them on social media, I would encourage you to do so:
Facebook: (Diocese of Grand Rapids)
Twitter and Instagram (@GRdiocese)
During this Thanksgiving season, it is appropriate for us who have given so much to be a part of and to support this world-wide effort. Join with me, other members of our parish and Catholics around the country by celebrating generosity right here at home.